|PhD Retreat 2011|
Yearly, NCMLS PhD students gather for the NCMLS two-day PhD Retreat. PhD students in their last year present their work in oral presentations, other PhD students present their work in posters. In addition, a keynote speaker is invited for the evening program. Apart from the science, this event is valued for the opportunity to meet and get to know fellow-PhD students.
- Present scientific data (oral presentation or poster)
- Discuss data presented by others
- Get into contact with fellow-PhD students
A) PhD students in the last year of their PhD project:
- Oral presentation (10 minutes + 5 minutes discussion, in English)
- Chairing of lecture sessions
B) Other PhD students:
- Poster presentation (in English). This is not obligatory for students who started their PhD project in 2012
NOTE: Due to a large number of people that have to give a oral presentation there will be parallel sessions this year. The poster walks will be held during four out of eight oral presentation sessions and everybody will be appointed to either participate in a poster walk or attend the oral presentations.
C) Keynote lecture
D) Social programme:
- Pubquiz in the city centre of Wageningen
- Drinks after Keynote Lecture
Prizes will be awarded for:
- Best lecturer (€ 250),
- Best poster presentation (€ 250),
- Best debater (€ 50).
Every NCMLS PhD student is requested to submit a short abstract in English (max. 500 words). Abstracts have to be uploaded online before the1st of March, 2012. PhD students who are invited to give a lecture, will receive a conformation before the 1st of April, 2012.
Download format for abstract. Click here.