Microscope Imaging Centre
The MIC is a state-of-the-art facility for imaging of fixed and live biological specimens utilizing:
- conventional light microscopy (bright -field and fluorescence)
- advanced fluorescence microscopy
- confocal microscopy
- electron microscopy (scanning and transmission)
- sample preparation equipment
- digital imaging software
All available for researchers within and outside the NCMLS.
The purpose of the facility is 3-fold:
- To support various research projects by providing imaging expertise.
- To provide the latest in imaging technology, which may be too costly for individual labs to purchase and maintain on their own.
- To educate users, students and others interested in the theory and practice of different imaging techniques and equipment.
For more information please contact: Jack Fransen.
To make a reservation click here: MIC booking system (internal only)